Fashion + Lifestyle + Travel

Pages

30 September 2015

Three Ways with the Striped Shirt

 

I sometimes suffer from resting bitchface, but resting bitchface looks good in shirt. 




I'm going to be honest, somedays I have NFI what to wear. 
I'm left there starring into floor my wardrobe with a neon pink puffer jacket in one hand and an army print T-shirt in the other contemplating if the looks are vibing. THEY"RE NOT VIBING PEOPLE.  

So I listened to the fashion gods and now follow the international style rule of purchasing clothing. When buying an item, make sure you can at least style it back with THREE DIFFERENT OUTFITS. 

So when I bought this cool top from Topshop ( It's sold out but you can get a similar one here  ), I knew I could make it work.

This first look is my, "Going out Look". These days my going out consists more of Netflix and legit chill. But on the odd occasion I go out to communicate with the human race, this Is what I would wear. With look one, I unbuttoned the shirt but wrapped it around tight to give it a fresh take on being done up.(Kinda risky no-one twerk while doing this OK?) The skirt I'm wearing is leather and from BCBG. It comes in at the waist with built in side panels. They look Uber fancy but it's just made for me to walk properly in. The matching snake print shoes and bag, is my version of "Fancy" and are from ASOS and Alexander Wang



Look two is a "Sport Chic Look". This can be worn not just for working out LOL, but maybe if you were going for Yum Cha on a Sunday morning with your little sister, after that you would head to the movies  to see Straight Outta Compton.  I wouldn't know for sure though people, but it was just a suggestion.

The shirt in this case is wrapped around my waist, not only does it cinch me in making me look fancy and hourglass , but I can use it for when I get chilly maybe in the movies. The top I'm currently wearing is a Bodysuit from Forever 21 and the Skirt is from Asos
You could even wear this look out with maybe higher heels and more bling. Yes, I said Bling. Moving on...



Last but not least, THE SKINNY LEG JEANS LOOK BROTHER. 

Jeans are perfect for the go-and-get-the-food-from-the-grocery-store-get-home-quick-cause-thekardashians-are-on type of night.
 With the last look, I balanced out my proportions, by throwing this shirt on with some skinny leg jeans from City Chic  and coloured shoes from ASOS. The pinstripe in the shirt makes the look grown up but I've managed to bring it down a notch by teaming this bad boy with orange flats. 
Who knew Orange flats would come to my rescue? I did when i bought them , the three outfit rule remember?
The bag is obviously from Givenchy and Is a giant splurge piece, in fact I think I had to provide a daily promise to myself I would wear it consistently for a year . It's the perfect cost per wear theroy. 
So If there is anything you can learn from this outfit post, go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment