Fashion + Lifestyle + Travel

Pages

7 September 2015

Stripes On Stripes On Stripes



I just finished watching the  Iris Apfel documentary named "IRIS", and Iris herself has inspired me to wear more colour. 
So I did what I do best and over achieved the heck out of colour, and wore as one may say, a shitload of stripes. 




So where do I begin with this look... How about I was shit scared when I bought it and slightly scared when I wore it out of the house for the first time? Fearing that someone, out there may throw an egg at me on my front porch, like Drew Barrymore's character in Never Been Kissed. *

<BACK STORY> 

I watched the Iris Apfel documentary and was like so inspired by her way of dressing. She saw it as an art form, as a reason to get up everyday and try something new and different, but not for the sake of being different, but for the sake of just being herself. (JESUS HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO COOL EVERYDAY, IT'S SUCH A STRUGGLE.)I knew after watching the documentary, I had to get my shit together and dress the way I wanted and it turned out I wanted to be the full Stripes.

I still believe the fit has to be right and these striped numbers form my mates at TOPSHOP are just perfection for the lady who has curves. They are stretchy and comfy in all the right places and the clashing colours compliment each other while making me look a little extra taught if ya know what I mean. Also you all should know by now that I have a love affair with ASOS shoes.  These printed #BBHMM heels are a neon snake print, that also look like witch shoes, which are my new fashion BFF. (SEE WHAT I TIRED TO DO THERE)

In other following your dream news, I also just watched the Straight Outta Compton ( YES ALL I DO IS MOVIE AND CHILL)  and wow, it was such an eye opener. ICE CUBES SON IS SO MUCH CUTER THAN WHEN ICE CUBE WAS ICE CUBE . If you guys can do one thing this week, just follow your dreams, and walk straight into a cinema and watch all the films! 

Love, KK

You can shop my look from Topshop and Asos and Alexander Wang

Follow Me on Instagram Kristykoutsogiannis 

* Yes, I know it was a movie and yes I know I wasn't going to prom and yes, I don't have a front porch.





No comments:

Post a Comment