Fashion + Lifestyle + Travel

Pages

3 January 2019

My Top 9 Brunch places in London


As you’re all aware, or some of you may be made aware now. I am a professional brunch-er.



It’s one of those things I just have no excuse but to excel in. The act of winning at brunch, is not  something I have just won at overnight. Oh no, not at all, it’s something that has taken energy, patience, years of training and a few too many pounds gained over time. Just ask anyone who knows me, all I do or all I ever want to do, is go to brunch.  
So In the spirit of baked eggs and cheese toasties here is my go-to list of the perfect Brunch places you should try if you’re ever in London. 




Duck and Waffle is my go-to place when I need to show of my city to any visitors or potential suitors. The view from the 40th floor or even the ride up in the lift, is perfection, and it’s made even more delectable with a little bit of Duck and Waffle. Yes, order the namesake item off the menu and nothing else. Ok fine, get the Elvis to share if you are going with a group of one or more.


I mean I could sit and talk all day with you about how much I love Pelliccis, the rest of East London could also sit and tell you as well. BUT, the most important thing I will say, is not only will you be greeted with a smile and a hug once you walk in that door, but for the love of god and all good things in this world, order the fried bread.



Daisy Green 

A firm favourite among my Aussie friends, is this (Aussie) inspired café. Now the sister and cousin to many other Green's, Daisy offers all that I could ever want from a brunch menu. From the creators of smashed avo to the scrambled eggs with kale, you can't say no to a second helping. Talking about no, you also can't say no to the Ricotta pancakes. ( Insert drools.)  

Bread and Butter Cafe

When you find that place and you don't want to tell anyone but you have to, because it's just bad karma. Bread and Butter Cafe was actually our back up when one day, our regular was closed. This by far has been the best back-up decision we have ever made we don't even go back to Option A. You must try the Menemen which is a traditional turkish breakfast dish which is eggs cooked in red yummy sauce with feta and all sorts of meat. It is still on my mind. 






I Will Kill Again
For all of those who don’t know, I like to dip my toe in the vegan pool every now and then because 1) I like food of all shapes, sizes and origins and 2) Brunch does not discriminate. This place that sits under the arches off Hackney Central is just legendary. It really reminds me of all the boys I had crushes on in school; cool, edgy and I never got to touch the meat. Order the Mac & Cheese trust me. 
One of the yummiest brunches I’ve had was at The Good Egg. The stoke Newington location is my local and I when I got the chance to pop my head in, I didn’t even have to do the mandatory 45 min to one hour wait. Yes, this hot spot has become so well-known you may have to wait for days to eat the delicious middle eastern and Israeli inspired meals from Pide to Hummus, but the Babka cake is worth it.


You can’t miss this place at Exmouth market (There is also a trillion other locations) – surrounded by fairy lights at night and all these cool kids. Any morning spent at Caravan really, is one to remember. Not only is their coffee some of the best I’ve ever had in London ( I’m a coffee snob) but their menu is to die for. Think vanilla waffles with salted caramel and a hash made from chorizo, potatoes and cavalo nero. Did I forget to mention you get to eat slow roast pork belly before 11am?

Every Saturday morning, even on special occasions, I always get my breakfast from Barbour and Parlour – their simple yet brilliant scrambled eggs with mushrooms and avocado holds me and sets me up for the weekend. I’m not a creature of habit but this is the one meal I allow to have on repeat.


Curio Cabal 

I stumbled upon this place, when I was slightly too hungover to bear walking more than five minutes from my old abode. 
This crash course in a hangover from hell was turned to sweet goodness at one sip of the drip coffee, followed by a heavenly amount of goodies loaded on the big vegi breakfast. What wasn't pictured is the giant plate of bacon.  GO, GO, GO!

There is so many more I want to add to this list, so come back and visit as I can assure you this list will be growing, JUST LIKE MY WAISTLINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment