Fashion + Lifestyle + Travel

Pages

16 October 2017

What to do in Copenhagen, Denmark.



Last week, Ana forced me to go to Copenhagen. 

When I say forced, I sat next to her begging if I could come along. 
She wanted to go by herself, I found out what flight she was on and where she was staying. 

The rest is history. 





Here's a list of the things we did in Copenhagen, which in retrospect looks like a list of places we ate at. 
Ok fine, all we did was eat. 

Go figure. 


We spent our Saturday night,  at the lovely restaurant Radio.  We managed to squeeze  ourselves in, aka Ana got a last minute reservation. It was well worth it. The beautifully  created menu of Mushroom and Squid with Pumpkin and Yoghurt and Duck Breasts with layered Onions. We also were in the presence of some Danish celebrates. YEAH,  everyone and I mean everyone in the restaurant was whispering and staring at the couple next to us.  They also got special plates and some fancy drinks. 
Full Discloser it wasn't Mazz and Freddy or any other royalty. 
Ana googled.   


Lagkagehuset 

 These guys are apparently the Creme de la Creme of the Danish Pastry. It's also the place where the locals tell us "non locals" to go. Theres nothing wrong with a chain let alone this one. The staff were hot and the bread rolls were hotter. Order the Rye Bread Roll with Butter. Trust me, the butter makes it worth it.

We were told that the coffee at this place was the best, and let me tell you, the google maps didn't lie. Not only did I have the best Cortado I've had in the whole of Copenhagen, but I met my new Danish boyfriend . His name is Miko and we've been going steady for about a week  and a half now.  
He is 9 weeks old and fits in the palm of my hand. 
He's a Maltese Terrier.  
I Love Him. 

Torvehallerne Food Hall 

This is up there, as one of the best food halls I have ever eaten at. Not only did Ana and myself smash about four danishes each in under 10 minutes, breaking our families world record of intense carb consumption.  
We're proud winners. 
BUT, It stocks the hottest vikings you will ever see in your actual human life. 
A smorregesboard of hot men hang around selling fish, meat and bread. 
They even let you try stuff for free. 
I know heaven.
You must check out The Coffee Collective and the Hallernes Smorrebrod. 
Both stocking good food, bread and men. 

Just follow the link and you'll understand why we had to walk an hour home. 


Other Special Mentions

The hissy fit we both had infront of the Museum of Kunst, walking through the Royal Botanical Gardens in torrential rain with one umbrella, nearly getting attacked by a giant puddle of water, nearly getting attacked by a bike, falling asleep on the tour bus, visiting over five grocery stores and Ana getting picked up by a local Viking asking, "Where the chocolate is at ?" 

Also no word of a lie, paying 80 pounds for a Vodka Lime Soda.

God Bless you Denmark. 





 










  


































No comments:

Post a Comment