Fashion + Lifestyle + Travel

Pages

14 July 2017

Back to Basics




Who knew that my favourite things in life would be a leather skirt and a grey t-shirt.

OK, they're my favourite thing after fried chicken, which is also after my grandparents and then after old mate Drizzy Drake.

Yes, that's the exact order.



So everyone talks about having a capsule wardrobe and I have to admit, I wasn't one of those girls. 
I had five wardrobes. I had one in my room, one in my sister’s room, one in the lounge room and well, we all have, "the chair".

 I also had a cupboard at work for my extra things.

Yeah, I hated myself to. 

I worked in fashion and I thought this was what you had to do; you had to have a new outfit every god damn day to post a new #ootd every day, because if you didn’t post, were you even real?

Fast forward to 2017 a small move across the globe, not getting a full time role for over a year and having only pennies to my name, that maybe; just maybe, my five wardrobes would become collateral to only ten holy items.

So in saying that, meet my summer staples, that I wear, every single day of my ~British Summertime~ life.

Now there’s nothing wrong with it, I know, I had an honest awakening and with that I found my signature style. I'm happy, it happened to me. 

I like being a basic

So here are my basic values. 

Invest in the best cotton t-shirts money can afford and I  can afford the luxury of these Zara tees, in all its colourway glory ( Black, White, Grey) for a grand total of £5.99 each. I KR

Living.
  
I also bought this amazing handmade leather skirt off Ebay for only £2.80 including postage.
I know, I’m a bloody legend, but you can also get some good guys from here and here.  

So what I’m trying to say is, you don’t need a different tie dye tank top and denim cut offs every day to feel relevant or have personal style so to speak. Find what works for you, find what fits your budget and wear it well.

Remember, if you weren’t LIVING every day, were you even real?
  



No comments:

Post a Comment