Fashion + Lifestyle + Travel

Pages

3 February 2020

Four Easy Steps : How to Clean out your Wardrobe




Yes, sometimes I clean closets.




I don't know about you guys, but every season including the holiday season, I love to refresh and clean my wardrobe.

Getting rid of the items I don't wear, finding gems that I have forgotten about and most importantly getting my shit together for the new season ahead. 

I've also been asked one trillion times, If I could help my friends in pulling their closets apart, so It's only fair that I leave my top four tips and tricks below.




1. GET INSPIRED




Know what you want and how you’re going to get it. So in saying that,  I always like to take a peak on tumblr and pintrest for some closet envy and then work my room around it.  


There is no point picking to remodel your wardrobe as a walk in closet a la Carrie Bradshaw, when you're actually dealing with one clothing rail and a small beaten up box for your shoes. 





2. Get the Tools.



I'm a little bit picky when it comes to my wardrobe, so this steps may be little to much for some but trust me when I say you need it. 

You have to have the right tools to get it in shape so you need to have the right hangers to get your wardrobe in shape and if that means you need the exact same hanger, holding on to each individual item, facing the exact same way at least one centimetre apart then my friends, so be it.   

While we're on the hanging thing, try to keep each item in its separate section. For instance; skirts with skirts, tops with tops, trousers with trousers, you know what I'm saying here. 

You should also always fold knitwear; heavy knits will stretch out of place while being hung up for too long.

Shoe racks to fit in the inside of your wardrobe are a killer way to save space, if you haven't gotten any. Also jewellery should be in its original packaging away from clothing, cause ladies and gentlemen, snags on a perfect white T-shirts are just the worse. 





3. Ask yourself the FOUR major questions.




So once you have set the foundation, it's now all about the item. Ask yourself these four questions when cleaning out your closet. 

Do you like it? 

Does it fit? 

Does it make you feel good while wearing it? 

Have you worn it in the last six months? 

If you've answered NO to any of these, it’s best to ask the sequin leggings to leave the room immediately. 






4. THE LEFT OVERS



Now that your wardrobe is clean, with all your thrown out goods, think about selling some of them on ebay and giving the rest up for charity.

The money is good for your pocket while also helping those in need.



Do you have any other ideas? Drop me a line below I would love to know your thoughts!


(Image Source : Tumblr ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment